Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Fall Days

Ben's tree continues to produce hundreds of apples each year.  Many fell on the ground this year. . . perhaps  due to the dry weather?  They make wonderful applesauce (which I enjoy making) and apple pies (which I don't like to make).

Fall colors seemed more intense this year.



soothing colors of tan, green, brown...



kids come home from college . . .

There are not too many things better than new potatoes from the garden.  I never take for granted this gift from our Earth.

Evenings in the yard become shorter as Fall progresses.

It's time to tidy the yard, put pots away, and plant the last of the perennials that still linger in pots. My motivation is very low during this time of year.  I have endless energy in the Spring and can accomplish a lot. I feel like resting now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment