Tuesday, March 20, 2012

birthday boy

My boy turned 19 on Sunday.  19!  Ben was home for spring break this past week and went back to college on his birthday.  We managed to go to church, make a big breakfast, open gifts, and grill before he left!




I used Isaac's ipad to snap a few pictures of the framed photos we have of baby Ben in our room.  Wow!  19 years went by quickly.




On Monday after work, I walked through the family room and there lay paper, boxes, and bags.  My 19-year old boy did not clean up his mess. :)  But I was glad to come home and see the remnants of our day with him.  It didn't even occur to me to take pictures of him with his family and gifts on his birthday!  Forgetting to take pictures happens more and more these days.  And so I took pictures of the evidence... the evidence of our attempt to show him how much we love him. 


...his cards full of wonderful words that express how much he means to his family.


We celebrate you, Benjamin Marvin.  Our darling boy...



1 comment: