Saturday, January 21, 2012

watch Moneyball


We watched the movie, Moneyball, last night.  I love it more this morning than I did last night...it's one of those movies.  It quietly captures the struggle of a man and other athletes who don't neatly satisfy expectations of the sporting world.  The movie is an example of what I love about sports...it's about the team, appreciating your gifts, working together, and thinking outside the box.  And yet these things are not glorified in an unrealistic way in this movie...I like that.  It's just the way you do things.  What a wonderful example of the opportunities that exist in sports.  I'm an amateur when it comes to sports...of course I am.  I'm a mom that watches her boys thrive and struggle in sports.  Amateur or pro, you just know when you are watching something special. Whether it's in a movie or on the field or on the floor.  It is rare and inspiring.

                                        

Funny scene between Brad Pitt and Jonah Hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment