Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving


I looked through my favorite blogs trying to find a beautiful Thanksgiving quote or an amazing image to share.  Didn't find what I was looking for.  So, I'm sharing an amazing image from our yard.  This rose, "Hope for Humanity", grows near our patio.  I have to admit that it isn't my favorite and I've considered moving this plant to another location as it takes up a prime spot!  But it's a lot of work to properly move a mature plant (it's about 5 years old) and so my laziness earned this rose another season in it's current location.  As the summer progressed, this rose grew at a surprising rate.  By Fall, it had doubled in size from the previous summer!  The stem in the photo is almost 6' tall and was covered with blooms--amazing!  It continued to bloom into November!   On the morning that I took this photo, frost covered our yard and the roses as they continued to bloom and thrive.  So, "Hope for Humanity" may get to stay right where it is.  Moral of the story?  ...be lazy (just kidding) ...be patient :)

I'm thankful for our beautiful world that is endlessly mysterious...



*Happy Thanksgiving*

No comments:

Post a Comment