Friday, October 7, 2011

Reminiscing



Sam was practicing his piano lesson the other night and one of the songs was a version of  "the hokey pokey".  A memory was stirred--"Grandpa's Magical Toys"!  I immediately opened up youtube and found the trailer.  I showed Sam and he didn't remember it.  Sam must have been about 1 year old and Ben was 3 when we watched this vhs tape.  I can't tell you when it was released.  It is part of the Wee Sing series.  Our  boys went to daycare at grandmas and I'm thinking "Grandpa's Magical Toys" played on grandma's VCR at naptime everyday for many days!  We would borrow the tape and watch it during the weekends.  I'm surprised how much of the story I remember!  Looking at it now, some may describe it as "wierd"-- or worse.  I don't know.  It's different than the shows that are popular today.  But the times and memories attached with this movie are strong and good.  And so my memories of this movie are strong and good.  Happy times with my babies.  funny----




ok...how bout this one?!  Remember it?  Another popular naptime movie.   

No comments:

Post a Comment