Friday, October 21, 2011

the day he left

Ben left for college 2 months ago.  Hard to believe.  He's coming home tonight for the weekend and we anxiously wait.  The day he left, I took a bunch of pictures and I'm finally taking a closer look at them and getting them organized.  It wasn't an easy day.  I remember the pit in my stomach and the ache in my heart.  Once he left, the anxiety eased but then there was sadness.  Dropping him off and leaving him... no words. 

The week before he left was crazy.  Crazy with activity and emotions.  The day finally came.



....getting ready to head out the door.  :( 



 Had to take a picture of our car full of his stuff!  Ben's car was also full.



 Copper always knows when someone is leaving.  He kept a close eye on us and stayed near.




 He got a little closer to Emily.  Maybe he could make them stay if he sat on her feet!



Ben's car is full and almost ready to go. 


 Sweet kids.  Do you know how much I hated to see you go...


Had to take a shot of them in Ben's car as they prepared to drive down the road.  It was exciting!  I was just so sad.  Emily rode with Ben down to Fargo and then rode home with us.  She didn't start school for another week!


 And there they go.  No words...

I'm glad he's happy and I'm glad I don't feel like throwing up anymore.  I'm glad that he isn't so far away and that he will be home tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment