Wednesday, June 18, 2014

books


I was laying in bed the other night and staring at my stack of books.  At first I thought, "they are so pretty".  I really think books are beautiful and I love looking at them.  Then I thought, "they all have similar colors...orange, gray, and black".  Cool.  Then I thought, "this is crazy...reading so many books at the same time!".  Actually, I have finished Happier at Home, Pride and Prejudice, and Dracula.  But they stay on my dresser because I either want to reread them (Pride and Prejudice, Dracula) or I'm not done thinking about it (Happier at Home).

I love books...even in this digital age.  Oh yeah... I'm also reading John Galsworthy's, Forsyte Saga, on my Kindle.  I plan to own a hard copy of it someday...then maybe I will finish it.

I love the way books look...the squareness of them and the way they fit in my hand.  They are elegant.

I pick up the book that matches the time of day or my mood.  I love Quiet but there are so many things that I underline or want to tell someone that it's not a book to read when you climb into bed.  Mere Christianity is wonderful and full of ideas that I think about for a long time.  Call the Midwife is good, light reading and The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo is exciting.  Dracula is one of the best books I've ever read. EVERYONE should read it.  And everyone should read Pride and Prejudice.  Lord of the Rings is my favorite story.... ever.

I love my stack of books.




No comments:

Post a Comment