Saturday, January 5, 2013

McCullough Christmas

We celebrated Christmas with my mom and Dennis at their house.  Brooke came along with us and Zach's mom, Maggie, also celebrated with us.  Zach's dad was still in the hospital in Grand Forks.

Mom always decorates so nicely and the food is amazing!  Prime rib, clam chowder, garlic mashed potatoes,  french bread . . .

Kim also brought lots of treats!  I didn't bake anything this year.  That's not a surprise but I do usually manage to bake 1 or 2 things for my family.  Not this year, unfortunately.  My mom and I did make lefse in November and I think that counts!  We made about 10 batches and are still pulling it out of the freezer.  And the more that I think about it, that WAY counts!:)

And the star of the show . . . little Henley Roger!

I love to watch a baby wiggle on a cool blanket after being stripped of clothing and a lot of warm hugs!

Henley seemed so happy to have his "church clothes" off and wiggle in freedom!


His arms were just flying . . . so funny!

Time for jammies and gifts.


Grandpa Jeff and Henley admired the tree.  Grandpa Jeff . . . still makes me smile!


I found my little pumpkins on mom's tree.  She has all the grandkids framed and every year it's fun to see their little faces.  Sammy . . .

Ben . . .

Isaac . . .

A familiar scene . . . kids gathered around grandma's Nintendo 64!  So funny!  Something about this system.  I think it will always be their favorite!

Grandma Kim and Henley taking a break.  Something about the way a baby's fingers curl around ours that is heavenly.

pretty gifts . . .

Desrochers, Aaron, and Emily weren't able to join us this year.  We really missed them . . .

. . . more gaming!

Great-grandma's turn!

It's so nice to have our college kids home.

I expected Henley to crash during the evening but he kept up with all of us!

. . . time to open presents!

. . . and more presents!

I love these pictures of the boys around the Nintendo!  I think it reminds me of when they were little.  This scene, the backs of their heads and lots of laughter, has played out over and over through the years.  The bodies just get bigger but they are still our little boys.

These are what happy feet look like . . . Sammy's happy feet . . .

Isaac's happy feet . . .

. . . it was a Merry Christmas at the McCullough's.

No comments:

Post a Comment