Monday, December 12, 2011

decorating for Christmas

"This is the best tree we've ever had!"  It's the same thing we say every year.  I think it has to be true this year, though.  Steve picks out the nicest trees.  It's perfect.



This evening was especially pretty.  I don't know why.  I tried not to spend anything on decorations this year.  So, I got creative.  I took my short strings of lights (25 bulbs) and put them under my white milk glass dishes.  They are lined up on the piano.



The dishes I chose have a scalloped edge so the string of lights can run under the edge.  I wouldn't want the dish to be uneven!  That would drive me crazy.  There is a power strip under the garland.



Pretty ornaments...


Ben's log cabin...


I like to wrap as early as possible so I can enjoy the pretty packages.

Ok.  I can't say that this was a success, but I learned what not to do for next year!  I have a collection of bird ornaments and I like the idea of a 'stick tree'.  Hmmm...not exactly what I was after but it's kinda cute. 


I love decorating with strings of lights.  I'm always looking for containers that have holes or cut-outs so I can run a string of lights out of it and to an outlet.

I have not mastered taking pictures in the dark!  I took the boughs that Steve cut from the bottom of our tree and put together little greenery arrangements. Simple.



Steve does such a good job with the lights outside.  Simple and pretty.  He decorated another evergreen this year.  It's very very pretty.



No comments:

Post a Comment